We take pride and great care to hand-select each item to ensure the best possible price and appeal for our customers. We know you have loved your items for as long as you've owned them, and we want to extend the same care and respect to you and your items.
Please read through the Consignment Process and Guidelines before getting started.
Guide to The Closet Shop Delmar Schedule of Seasons
SPRING | February 15th to April 15th
◆ Light colors & spring prints ◆
Mid-weight jackets, 3/4 & short sleeve tops, pants, capris, leggings, skirts, dresses, raincoats, rain boots, umbrellas, shoes & sneakers.
◆ FABRICS ◆
Knit, fleece, jersey, poplin, denim, khaki, etc.
SUMMER | April 20th to June 20th
◆ Summer prints & themes ◆
T-shirts, shorts, tank tops, sundresses, bathing suits, cover-ups, sandals & water shoes, hats.
◆ FABRICS ◆
Cotton, jersey, seersucker, poplin, linen, gauze, chambray, etc.
FALL | August 15th to October 15th
◆ Fall colors and themes ◆
Mid-weight jackets, long sleeves, cardigans/sweaters, hoodies/sweatshirts, dresses, pants/leggings, skirts, shoes, sneakers & fashion boots.
◆ FABRICS ◆
Knits, fleece, flannel, corduroy, denim, etc.
WINTER | October 15th to December 15th
◆ Winter & holiday prints ◆
Winter coats, sweaters, hoodies & sweatshirts, dresses, pants & leggings, skirts, winter hats & gloves, snow pants, snow boots, shoes & sneakers.
◆ FABRICS ◆
Knits, wool, fleece, flannel, corduroy, denim, etc.
The Consignment Process
- Consignments are accepted by appointment only.
- A maximum of 15 pieces are allowed per appointment.
- Consignors receive 30% - 70% of sales (contemporary, vintage, or luxury) made from each consigned item.
- Consignors receive a Consignor Access Portal with regular updates on their consignment.
- The consignment period is 60 days.
- At the end of the consignment period, you'll have options for payout and how to handle your unsold items. (see consignment contract for options)
Guidelines for Condition of Items
- Clothes need to be: Clean; freshly laundered or dry-cleaned, NO white anti-antiperspirant marks in underarm area • Stain-free • Free from odors including perfume and mothballs • Damage-free • Pet-hair free • No excessive wrinkles.
- Shoes need to be: Good condition inside and out, mud/dog-poo free, and reasonably clean on the soles.
- Jewelry needs to be: Sterling (please give it a quick polish), gold, vintage, and good costume. Please have it separated into individual zip-lock bags; this will make it easier for you and us!
*If you wouldn’t feel okay giving your items to someone you know - then please don’t consign it.
Brands we love to carry.
Anthropologie, Rozae Nichols, Joseph Ribkoff, Levi’s, Eileen Fisher, Peruvian Connection, Zara, Seven, Flax, CP Shades, Missoni, Rag & Bone, Lilly Pulitzer, Kate Spade, DVF, J Brand, Anne Fontaine, Worth, Celine, Chanel, Nike, Nili Lotain, Johnny Was, Hobo, Born, Tory Burch, Frye, Orla Kiely, Lululemon, Dooney & Bourke, Uggs, Converse, Athleta, Louis Vuitton, Habitat, Patagonia, Gucci, Coach, Eddie Bauer, Dansko, Hermes, Cole Haan, Banana Republic, Burberry, Armani, Ferragamo, J. Jill, J Crew, Dior, LL Bean, Marc Jacobs, Madewell, Dolce & Gabbana, Chloe, Jil Sanders, MZ Wallace, Sundance, Maven, Fly London, Talbots, St John, Baggalini, Brooks Brothers, etc.
Brands we do not carry.
A. Byer, Abercrombie & Fitch, Aeropostale, AGB/AB Studio, American Eagle Outfitter Avia, Casual Corner, Chadwick’s, Charlotte Russe, Cherokee, Croft & Barrow, Danskin Now, Delia’s, Dress Barn, Fabletics, Fashion Bug, Forever 21, Fruit of the Loom, H&M, Hanes, Hot Topic, JC Penney’s brands, Just My Size, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co., K-Mart Brands, Kohl’s brands, Lei, LulaRoe, Maurice’s, Mudd, Newport News, New York & Co, Old Navy, Payless, Riders by Lee (vintage OK), Rue 21, Sag Harbor (vintage Ok),Sears brands,Sketchers, Target brands, Wet Seal, Venti 6, Venus, Walmart brands, White Stag, etc.
Where do I schedule my consignment appointment?
The link to schedule your consignment appointment can be found at the end of the consignment contract. Please complete the consignment agreement prior to scheduling your consignment appointment.
Who decides the price of my consignment items?
The Closet Shop, LLC will price all items according to fair trade value based on our expertise and knowledge of the industry.
What happens if an item is lost, stolen, or damaged?
While we take great care and consideration of our shop and it's items, The Closet Shop, LLC will not be held responsible for items lost due to fire, damage, theft or any unusual circumstance.
What happens to my items at the end of my 60-day consignment period?
At the end of your consignment period you have 4 options for your unsold items:
- Personally pick up items at The Closet Shop, LLC within the 10-day window.
- Allow unsold items to become property of The Closet Shop, LLC to be resold (no consignment)
- Donate unsold items to charity (i.e. Equinox)
- Have unsold items delivered to my home (via U.S.P.S or private courier) *fees will apply
How and when do I receive payout for items that have sold?
At the end of your consignment period, you have 4 options for payout of sold items:
- No payout. Leave my earnings in my store account (I will receive an additional 10% on my earnings to spend in store)
- Check (*please note there is a $5 check fee)
- Cash (*default option for any payouts under $20)
- Direct Deposit via Simple Pay (* please note there is a $2.50 service fee)
Ready to consign your items?
Consign with us in 2 easy steps!
1. Complete your consignment contract.
Review the consignment process and guidelines.
2. Schedule your consignment appointment.
Upon signing the agreement, you will schedule your consignment appointment.